The installer is launched automatically from within index.php file. The server must be configured properly to execute PHP scripts and have one of the supported database engines configured. The application uses ADODB library and therefore number of database systems are supported. Currently all testing is done on MySQL server. Our development team is testing Linux with Apache and Windows with Apache and IIS environment.
The following is a quick overview of the installer launch process:
1. index.php is called as a default script.
2. config.php is checked - if exists and the version info is correct the appliaction is launched as normal
3. If config.php is not found the script is redirected to install.php
4. The installer checks for supported PHP version, environmental variables, directory permissions and supported database systems.
5. Example: MySQL --> form is diplayed asking to specify already created database name and user's name and password or if it does not exist it prompts the user to specify MySQL root's username and password and the database, username and password will be created.
6.Tables are created as needed by the core module. Default values are inserted - just enough to be able to login as administrator and complete core modules installation.
If the config.php file is found but the version info is lower than upgrade process is called and core tables are beign upgraded. All additional modules are upgraded from administrator's console if needed.